Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Painstaking Project

Hey guys, Dan here.

I've been a lifelong kaiju fan, growing up on Godzilla movies and just about anything else I could find. I've seen that entire series, as well as the handful of Gamera movies that are out there. I've been able to track down various other kaiju films, but my appetite is far from being satiated. With that in mind, there is one completely untapped source for kaiju goodness, and that's Ultraman. Save for a select number of Ultraman: Towards The Future episodes I was lucky enough to catch on television as an child growing up in the U.S.A., Ultraman is something I'm very unfamiliar with.


The idea came to me after getting my hands on the original series; what if I did a write up of every episode I was about to watch? ... what if I did a write up on every single iteration of Ultraman I could get my hands on? Was it possible to go from somebody with little to no knowledge, to a seasoned veteran? 


Like a mad scientist who's thrown logic, reason and ethics out the window in the name of their impossible feat, I find myself rushing forward with only the thought "Can it be done?!"  I suppose that remains to be seen. If nothing else, I'm hoping to provide a unique look on a beloved series that I ultimately know nothing about and maybe provide a chuckle or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment